Keeping on Pursuing Good Taste
What is the Food Marketing Company?
KOKUBU, Connoisseur of Food
As a connoisseur of wholesaling cultivated over many years, we procure merchandise carefully selected from all over the country even the world, and make proposals concerning the hot-selling items and the potential to be saleable in the market to our customers.
- The number of suppliers is over 10,000 in domestic and foreign countries, collecting over 600,000 items.
- The merchandise handled are processed foods, alcoholic drinks, the confectionery, the delicatessen, chilled food, frozen foood and the fresh produce, etc.
- KOKUBU, delivering the good taste
- We are also struggling to develop the KOKUBU original merchandise utilizing the regional materials.
- Developing own brand products The KOKUBU brand merchandise began with K &K and tabete. We deliver the wide original merchandise developed in-house and continue to develop the new foods for the proposals.
- Import Items We are dealing with domestic sake, shōchū, wine, whiskey and beer, etc., as well as importing whiskey, brandy, spirits, liqueur and wine, etc from all over the world..
- Product development utilizing the regional materials:( local production and local consumption, local production for more consumption) We develop the products utilizing the regional materials, and also strive product development with highly specialized makers and local manufacturers together.
Working towards the realization of Food Marketing Company
■ From the viewpoint of a telescope to read and understand the entire market
■ From the viewpoint of a microscope to look into the customers, the areas and the merchandise
■ From viewpoint of an X-ray to understand what the consumers really want
As the triple viewpoint, the market can be three-dimensionally visualized so that we can find out the appropriate answers and make concrete proposals, e.g. what sells well , how to sell, how to pull in customers and how to improve the efficiency, etc.
Our customers are retailers, consumers, manufacturers, and all food-related ones. The marketing of KOKUBU serves to seek the optimum solution for each customer.
- Read the present and make proposals The present is just Now. How to gain the latest sales and profits. How are we going to solve some problems now? The most desirable answer can be found out in the field as we always propose the new merchandise and the marketing strategies in our daily dealing.
Read the trends and make proposals
We are targeting to maximize the yield of the achievement as soon as possible to grasp the sign of come and go in the short and medium term that will occur in the near future.
It is not easy to make the trends by ourselves, but we can catch early hold of the hint of coming, take the lead and bring it up. In addition, we will firmly make sure of the timing and propose for the merchandise and sale floors.
- Estimate the future and make proposals The future means a gradual but large flow, such as the changes of the social structure and the lifestyle, etc. We think it important to keep pace with the speed of such changes.
Deliver the merchandise wanted to the whole country even overseas at any time.
We have established more than 200 distribution centres throughout the country to build up and propose the optimum logistics plan in order to meet the needs of the customers in a variety of business categories, such as retailing, food-services, etc.
- Overseas Besides the domestic operations, we have begun expanding the logistics business in China(Shanghai and Qingdao etc.) and also have started the logistics business in ASEAN region of Malaysia and Myanmar, etc. with the know-how from Japan.
- Delivery We are aiming for the full-scale introduction of vehicles, which are capable of delivering multiple temperature zones at once in accordance with the needs of customers. We are taking environmental conservation, such as the consideration of introducing the delivery vehicles with CO2 reduction, etc. In addition, we also run the omni-channel support of KOKUBU, and can deliver to the customers living in isolated islands and mountainous areas by courier-service.
Competitive IT Strategy of KOKUBU?
We promote to form the Marketing PDCA Platform as a system infrastructure to support the Food Marketing Company-KOKUBU.
We provide the safe and secure information infrastructure via the latest IT techonology to all the customers surrounding KOKUBU.
- Preparation for Marketing PDCA Platform Analyzing and visualizing the marketing data in-house, we send the information. The collected results that will lead the next action enable us to construct the desirable shared information infrastructure.
- Preparation for the scalable IT platform We are introducing the lastest software for the purpose of improving the processing capacity to cope with large transaction data. Utilizing a secure public cloud(an Internet service), we are building up a better infrastructure base.
For food safety and security
As a company engaged in distribution, we strive to ensure quality control while remaining committed to the trust and client as our top priority.
- Inspection & Analysis In collaboration with the laboratories registered at the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, we strengthen inspection and analysis functions of the merchandise.
- Sharing Information We develop safe and secure products by sharing information with our ownfactories and consigned manufacturers